Open Sky Community Services Whitin Mill 2023 Call for Entries
January 13 through February 24, 2023
This is a Members-Only call for art for an indoor and outdoor exhibition at the Whitin Mill in Whitinsville, MA. Approximately 25 to 30 works will be shown inside the Mill and six or seven works will be shown in their outdoor exhibition space.
You can enter your images below in the Application Form.
For best results, make sure your image is 72 dpi and 1920 pixels on the longest side. Images should be in JPEG format or sRGB color space. Images in other formats will not load properly.
If you need help entering your images, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All image files should be labeled with: Last-name_First-name_Title
- $15 for up to 3 artworks (1 image per piece)
- 40% commission fee: 30% to OSCS and 10% to NESA
- There will be 3 People’s Choice awards decided by popular vote. (1st – $300, 2nd – $200, 3rd – $100)
The exhibition will be juried by Cristi Collari, Director of Community Outreach, Open Sky Community Services.
- Only original art works may be submitted.
- Accepted works must remain in the exhibition until the exhibition closes.
- Images of the accepted works may be used by NESA or OSCS for advertising, promotional, or marketing purposes.
- Insurance will be provided by Open Skys Community Services.
- Due to space limitations, indoor works may not exceed 36″ in diameter.
- Works do not need to be for sale. Sold works may be included.
- All application fees are non-refundable
The Alternatives’ Whitin Mill Complex is situated on a 1+ acre parcel abutting the Mumford River and the Ring Shop Dam. It includes five buildings totaling 32,000 square feet, including one of the earliest cotton mills in New England. Open Sky Community Services provides services and supports to more than 5,000 adults, young adults and youth with mental health challenges, developmental disabilities, brain injury, substance use disorders or other complex challenges.
Open Sky Alternative’s Whitin Mill
50 Douglas Road
Whitinsville, MA 01588
|September 5, 2022||Call opens|
|October 22, 2022||Call Closes|
|October 31, 2022||Artists notified|
|November 1 - November 11, 2022 Times to be arranged||Outdoor Installation|
|January 3 - January 7, 2023||Indoor Sculpture Drop Off|
|January 13, 2023 5:30 - 7:30pm||Opening Reception|
|February 24, 2023 5:30 - 7:30pm||Closing reception and Announcement of People's Choice Awards|
|February 24, 2023 9am - 4pm/ February 25, 2023 11am - 2pm||De-installation|